Monday, July 16, 2007

Lesson 6 - Reflection on Wikis

I'm excited about the idea of trying a wiki with my students. The cooperative nature of a wiki is a real asset to students who lack the confidence or ability to complete a project independently. I could easily picture my students doing a wiki project for several different theme units throughout the year. One of my favorite features of wikis is that they offer yet another way to preserve students' work! (I get easily discouraged when I hear that a parent discarded a project that had taken a student many weeks to complete.) With more options for saving student work in digital form, we could develop quite a display for Open House and parent conference time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your comment about preserving work. A wiki might make a nice way for your students to begin developing a digital portfolio.