Monday, July 16, 2007

Lesson 8 Reflection

Gee, in the last few weeks I've learned how to do podcasts, vodcasts, wiki's, del.icio.us, and blogs. I plan to give each of them a try in the coming year, but I think I'll start with the wiki. I see it as an interactive digital bulletin board. I can already picture certain students bounding into the room with another idea to add to the class wiki. (I'm not counting on my students to do a lot from home.) It's another great way for the weaker students to collaborate with the stronger students and come up with something they can be proud of. I also like the fact that they can access their projects from any computer with an internet connection. I know I'll have to spend some time teaching my younger students how to navigate to that point. Denise has provided a fine exemplar for the rest of us. (Great job, Denise!) We can certainly use the wiki to show what we've learned about each theme unit we study. With a little help, we may be able to include podcasts and video projects on our wiki. How many weeks until September?

1 comment:

DianeS said...

Your enthusiasm is contagious. Good luck.
Diane