Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lesson 9 - 21st Century Skills

I appreciated Mr. Honeycutt's humble and honest assessment of the need for us to walk with students as they navigate through the digital world. I was impressed with his Model T project, but I found myself wishing that he had included a bit of video of the process. I'm not sure how I might implement such a separate-but-collaborative unit at school. One thought I did have was to perhaps choose a favorite story, have the Kdg. group create the illustrations in storyboard form, then have the 1st graders add the script and record narration. If they have enough confidence, maybe the Kdg. kids could insert the actual speaking parts of the characters. We could use MovieMaker or do a vodcasting project with this. I realize that it's a very simple idea, but it's a start, and it's something that the littlest ones could do in September while they're still learning their alphabet! I'm still brainstorming such interactive projects for my older students. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is a great idea, Maria! It's good to start with something simple and it's hard to think of a real collaborative project for very young students, and then with the added dimension of language learning that your students have, I think you've hit on a great way to begin in which everyone could be successful.